Sunday, November 14, 2010

FAX

The FAX show raises many questions. When I first saw the show, I thought to myself, "what would make someone think to fax their artwork, or even then turn it into a show?" The fax machine helped to move business quicker. Instead of mailing something, you put it on the fax and send it, thus saving time as a fax is almost instantaneous. Having worked in a business office, I have had experience with what a fax can do to a document that you send. It always alters the document, whether it be hardly noticeable or unreadable.

When given the assignment to design something to be sent via fax, a lot of thoughts started going through my head. I wanted something that was handcrafted but also "mashed" with technology. I then began a thought process. I decided that somehow to incorporate that into my project, so I used the human brain. This was designed with paper and scanned in to give the black lines to give the feeling of a human brain. Thinking about the assignment, I decided to put in a mouth that would be what is actually "said" by the fax machine. The intent of an original idea is perceived by the originator's mind, while the fax machine gives the composition a voice to the recipient (whether it is sent correctly or not).

No comments:

Post a Comment