Monday, November 22, 2010

Dr. Seuss Candy Land

The theme I chose for the candy land project is Dr. Seuss. I want to take all the best known Seuss characters and place them around the board. I want the kids that would be playing the game to feel as if they are walking around in one of the books. I want the colors to match the ones found in the books, and the works and names used to sound as if they were made up by Dr. Seuss himself.

For the game pieces I will be using Thing One and Thing Two. The players will start out by passing Yertle the Turtle. They will them travel through the land of the Sneetches and the Fox in Sox. They must them tread carefully around the Grintch. Next they will encounter Sam I Am, with his Green Eggs and Ham. Finally they will pass by the Lorax and Horton the Elephant. At the end of the game they will end up meeting The Cat in the Hat.

The reason I chose Dr. Seuss is because I feel that it is a something that anyone of any age can recognize. Even children to young to read will still enjoy looking at the colors and interesting shapes and characters. I thought it would be appropriate for the age range that this game is geared towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment